Paul Jarvis is a best-selling author, writer, web designer, and podcast host as well as the chief of “giving you a gentle kick in the pants” to get over your creative fears. Paul Jarvis dropped by the show to talk about creativity, building audience and working on your own projects. He details his writing process, online course creation and general theories about finding your “rat people” in your community. He is a pioneering voice in the “freelancer economy” and he details his story and business background.
Click here to listen on iTunes
What you can learn from the show:
- Paul’s process for making a living from being creative
- Paul’s advice on the initial steps to get from idea to execution
- How to make money based on the skills that you have
- The importance of finding your “rat people”
- The online course business and how online learning is evolving
- How Paul thinks leadership emerges from people being themselves.
- How Paul writes for ½ hour a day every day, 7 days a week
- The importance of building an audience before selling a product
Follow Paul on Twitter: https://twitter.com/pjrvs/
Paul’s website: http://pjrvs.com
Paul’s Invisible Office Hours podcast: http://invisibleofficehours.com