Excited for episode #5 of The Influencer Economy, with my guest Jamie Wilkinson. Jamie and I had an awesome chat about media, video , and making stuff on the internet. It was so good, I had to divide up the conversation into two different episodes. The chat is a fascinating glimpse into the world of where the film industry.
Jamie is currently the CEO and co-founder of VHX LINK , a direct distribution platform where creators can sell videos, TV, film and content directly to their fans. They are paving the way for creators to connect with their fans, and empowering a generation of artists to generate revenue around their passions.
In the first episode we chatted about VHX, and and early successful project they worked on with the comedian Aziz Ansari. They helped Aziz distribute his comedy special via the platform, which made six figures of revenue within the first day.
Jamie is also the co-creator of Star Wars Uncut and won a Primetime Emmy – for “Outstanding Achievement in Interactive Media Non-Fiction in 2010. The film is an amazing crowd-sourced re-creation of the original Star Wars film.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How to Aziz Ansari and VHX teamed up for his comedy special
- How Indie Game The Movie partnered with VHX and created a blueprint for how to self-distribute a film
- How Camp Takota distributed their movie via their YouTube followings
- What types of risks filmmakers can take to keep the rights to their film
- How the future of film is direct communication and collaboration with the film’s audience
- How to launch a film brand, create a film, and build audience ahead of your film’s release
- How Star Wars Uncut was created and crowdsourced from the community
- How one Tweet can change your career path, and how Andy Baio Tweet’ed the Indie Game the Movie filmmakers about VHX and the rest is history
- That the next generation of filmmaking is fans and creators directly communicating throughout the filmmaking process
Watch Star Wars Un-Cut
Follow @JamieW on Twitter:
Watch Indie Game the Movie, Camp Takota, Aziz Ansari’s Dangerously Decilicious , and many other films on VHX