Harrison Barnes of the Golden State Warriors is one of the more tech savvy athletes in the NBA, and sports. Harrison tells Ryan about how he embraced the technology community upon getting drafted by the NBA’s Warriors as the 7th Pick of the 2012 NBA Draft. When he moved to the San Francisco Bay area, Harrison met with Silicon Valley executives at Facebook, Google and Yahoo!, wanting to learn as much as possible about the tech community.
Harrison is from Ames, IA. and Ryan grew-up in Des Moines, IA. They hit it off, bonding about The Hawkeye State. Harrison details his journey from Ames, IA to University of North Carolina to the Warriors, and how he interacts with those fan communities online. Harrison is a forward-thinking and modern athlete who embraces technology and with the swipe of his fingers, he can reach his fans across the globe.
Subscribe on iTunes: bit.ly/InflTune
Harrison also recounts stories about how he chats with his fans via social media and describes his P.O. Box, where fans can send him items to be autographed. Harrison and Ryan also talk hypothetically what would it be like if Michael Jordan had Twitter back in the day, and how much a Tweet from Jordan would mean to a fan.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- What it’s like playing for the Golden St. Warriors
- How athletes are interacting with fans over technology
- How NBA players like Harrison Barnes embrace the entrepreneurial tech community
- How Michael Jordan may use Twitter
- How to reach fans as an athlete
- How to creatively interact with your fans online.
Follow Harrison and the Warriors:
- Harrison Barnes on Twitter: https://twitter.com/hbarnes
- Harrison Barnes on Instagram: http://instagram.com/hbarnes
- The Golden Sate Warriors on Twitter: https://twitter.com/warriors
- The Golden State Warriors on Instagram: http://instagram.com/warriors/
- Ryan Williams on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ryanjwill
Leave A Comment