James Altucher puts it all on the line. As a writer he talks openly about business big gains and big business losses. He talks not only about his big successes but also his failure. James has open sourced his life for everyone to learn from. His WSJ best-selling book Choose Yourself details how to build a new world, personal path for success out of the wreckage of the old.
He has written over 11 books and even has approached topics such such as wishing that his daughter would be a lesbian and listed his top business failures for people to learn from. With the modern business landscape changing, and old business models dying, James is a beacon for helping to guide your life through the modern economy.
James is a writer, investor, start-up founder, podcast, father, and literally an open book when it comes to his creation. We had him on the influencer economy podcast to talk about his life, world viewpoints and for advice on choosing yourself. We also dive into the art and science about how he professionally self-published his own best-selling book.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How James embraces failure and success when living his life
- How James asked former Twitter CEO Dick Costello to write the forward for his book Choose Yourself
- Why it’s important to choose yourself in the modern economy
- The art of asking people for help and favors (and why it can be agonizing)
- The importance of joining part of a “scene” where you have peers and partners when it comes to your creative and entrepreneurial endeavors
- Why James writing sometimes invokes criticism from friends and non-friends
Our archives: http://www.influencereconomy.com/
James on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jaltucher
James’ website: http://www.jamesaltucher.com/
James’ book “Choose Yourself”: http://www.amazon.com/Choose-Yourself-James-Altucher-ebook/dp/B00CO8D3G4
Ideas and people mentioned:
- James Hadfield on James’ podcast: http://www.jamesaltucher.com/2015/06/the-benefits-of-being-a-total-zero/
- AJ Jacobs Global Family Reunion: http://globalfamilyreunion.com/
- Tucker Max’s Book in a Box: http://bookinabox.com/
- Jayson Gaignard MMT: http://www.mastermindtalks.com/
- Adam Grant’s Give and Take: http://www.giveandtake.com/